Do you love ecology, history, or storytelling? Do you want to connect people with nature? Become a Docent with us! We provide quality educational programs to thousands of youth every year in our Museum and outdoors, from preschool to high school. Docent Trainings are held quarterly. Get started by filling out a Volunteer Application.
Interests & Skills: Education, outreach, nature, history, mentorship
Availability: Weekdays and/or Weekends, shifts are 1-3 hours.
Time Commitment: 1 year of service, 2-4 programs per month (plus occasional trainings and enrichments)
- Ohlone Culture and History (preK-5th grade)
- Animal Habitats and Adaptations (prek-5th grade)
- Art of Nature (Spring only, K-6th grade)
- Storytime (Saturday mornings, year-round, preschool)
- On the Spot (weekend afternoons, starting in June, all ages)
- Neary Lagoon Wetland Walk (3rd grade)
- Neary Lagoon Watershed Walk (5th grade)
- Pogonip Nature Rangers Program (4th grade)
- Pogonip Earth Stewards Program (high school)