Museum and Field Program Docents
Do you love ecology, history, or storytelling? Do you want to connect people with nature? Become a docent with us! We provide quality educational programs to thousands of youth every year in our Museum and outdoors, from preschool to high school. Get started by filling out a Volunteer Application.
Interests & Skills: Education, outreach, nature, history, mentorship
Availability: Weekdays and/or weekends, shifts are 2-4 hours.
Time Commitment: 40 hours per year, 8 hours per month (plus occasional trainings and enrichments)
Register now for our upcoming Fall Docent Training
We are currently filling spots for our upcoming Fall Docent Training September 24th, 25th, and 26th, 9am-12pm. Please register before 9/20 by calling 420-6115 ex.12 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Ohlone Culture and History (preK-5th grade)
- Animal Habitats and Adaptations (prek-5th grade)
- Art of Nature (Spring only, K-6th grade)
- Neary Lagoon Wetland Walk (3rd grade)
- Neary Lagoon Watershed Walk (5th grade)
- Pogonip Nature Rangers Program (4th grade)
- Pogonip Earth Stewards Program (high school)