In partnership with the California Coastal Conservancy, we’ll be promoting coastal stewardship all summer long. Docents will engage summer beach goers in informal marine science activities at “pop up” interpretive stations along East Cliff Drive. We’re actively recruiting docents for this summer On the Spot program. Apply today!
On the Spot Docents
Interests & Skills: Love of the outdoors and Seabright Beach, basic knowledge of coastal ecology, outgoing and enthusiastic about engaging the public in informal marine science activities
Availability: Weekend afternoons
Time Commitment: Summer only, 20 hours (plus initial training), commitment to a minimum of seven 3-hour shifts from June through September
Bonus: We’ll offer some awesome training and enrichment events throughout the summer for our On the Spot team. Don’t miss out on this fun opportunity.
Museum and Field Program Docents
Do you love ecology, history, or storytelling? Do you want to connect people with nature? Become a Docent with us! We provide quality educational programs to thousands of youth every year in our Museum and outdoors, from preschool to high school. Docent Trainings are held quarterly. Get started by filling out a Volunteer Application.
Interests & Skills: Education, outreach, nature, history, mentorship
Availability: Weekdays and/or Weekends, shifts are 1-3 hours.
Time Commitment: 1 year of service, 2-4 programs per month (plus occasional trainings and enrichments)
- Ohlone Culture and History (preK-5th grade)
- Animal Habitats and Adaptations (prek-5th grade)
- Art of Nature (Spring only, K-6th grade)
- Storytime (Saturday mornings, year-round, preschool)
- On the Spot (weekend afternoons, starting in June, all ages)
- Neary Lagoon Wetland Walk (3rd grade)
- Neary Lagoon Watershed Walk (5th grade)
- Pogonip Nature Rangers Program (4th grade)
- Pogonip Earth Stewards Program (high school)